Caring for your Granite
- Granite is one of the strongest materials on earth.
- Wipe wet spills immediately, acidic liquids like: citrus juice, alcohol, vinegar or soda. Always use costars.
- Do not cut on countertop, always use a cutting board. Cutting on granite will dull knives and will scratch the granite.
- Use placemats if hot or metal dishes are placed on them.
- Do not use harsh abrasive or chemical cleansers or acidic cleansers on your granite.
- Use soft cloth to wipe surfaces instead of abrasive pads (steel wool) that might scratch the granite.
- All stones are sealed with a protective sealant. It might be a good idea to reseal your countertop once a year to look it fresh especially if you have light color granite.